Laboratory Emergency Door Cards - Now Available as Fillable PDF
EH&S is delighted to announce that laboratory emergency door cards are now available as a fillable PDF download from our site! We have been working with facility managers all over campus to provide you with better access to this document, as well as increased usability and clarity.
You can download a copy of the new fillable PDF from this page (see below) or from our Forms/Manuals/Signs page under the "Select a Sign or Label" dropdown.
- Click on the link to download the PDF.
- Save a copy of the document to your files. (It is strongly advised that you maintain a copy so you can revisit it when changes are needed).
- Open the PDF and begin filling it out. If you have questions regarding how to fill out this document, please contact us at 608/265-5000.
- When finished, save a copy of this version to your computer. We recommend renaming the document so that it includes the date which it was filled out. Example: LaboratoryEmergencyDoorCard_11182014.pdf. If you maintain several laboratory emergency door cards, include additional information in the title such as lab room number. Example: LaboratoryEmergencyDoorCard_Room2211_11182014.pdf.
Once you have saved out a copy of your completed laboratory emergency door card, follow these steps:
- Print a copy of the door card.
- Post the document next to your laboratory door.
- Provide either a printed or digital copy to your Facility Manager.
- IMPORTANT: This document must be updated annually! Set a calendar event to remind yourself to fill this out in one calendar year.
If you experience technical issues with downloading, viewing or completing your document, please contact us at 608/265-5000.
Download the new document here: LaboratoryEmergencyDoorCard.pdf