The mission of Environment, Health & Safety department (EH&S) is to ensure the health and safety of people, buildings, and the natural environment at UW-Madison and associated facilities.
We accomplish our mission through professional services, technical expertise, strong partnerships and regulatory oversight.
Safety is a daily practice at UW-Madison. EH&S envisions a campus where safety awareness and compliance are integrated into everyday operations, making the University of Wisconsin-Madison a model for safe research and education at a public university.
- We provide the highest quality service by ensuring that our departmental staff have up-to-date knowledge and are highly trained experts in their field.
- We provide EH&S staff the opportunity and resources they need to do their jobs effectively.
- We serve as stewards of the university’s resources by protecting its people, buildings, and natural environment.
- We lead by example, making sure we ourselves are in compliance with the regulatory mandates we expect others to follow.
- Working through institutional committees, we believe in making important policy decisions with the input and involvement of interested parties.
We are committed to working together and to conducting our activities in accord with best practices and informed by high ethical standards.