Recreational Licenses

Environmental and Occupational Health (EOH) licenses recreational and educational programs at UW-Madison as a delegated agent of the State of Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (ATCP).


Licenses for swimming and whirlpools are required to protect public health and prevent illness and injury per ATCP 76 .

EOH inspects pools and provides operators support in water monitoring, incidence response, and facility-specific issues.


Hotel and residence hall inspections and licensing promote safe facilities for our guests and students per ATCP 72 and ATCP 78.

Residents and guests contact the facility manager onsite directly with inquiries and concerns.  Facility managers work with EOH staff to investigate reports and resolve health and safety issues.

Youth Programs & Camps

EOH provides regulatory compliance for residential youth camps and programs at UW-Madison per ATCP 78.

Read more about Badger Precollege and Badger Sports Camps.  Contact University Health Services at or call 1-608-256-5607.