The Office of Radiation Safety is responsible for maintaining and administering the highest levels of safety protocols related to radiation safety on the UW campus. A few of our responsibilities include:
- Developing policy and standards related to radiation safety regulations;
- UW representation and intermediary to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, neighboring communities, and professional organizations;
- Provide technical assistance to assess and communicate risks;
- Investigating incidents and exposures;
- Safely transporting and shipping radioactive material;
- Collecting and maintaining records of exposures, waste, compliance and audits, permits and incidents.