EOH coordinates compliance for OSHA 1910.134 Respiratory Protection and aligns services for initial and annual respirator user fit testing with Occupational Medicine. Current medical clearance is a prerequisite to a fit test and wearing a respirator.
- EOH offers air monitoring, training coordination, hazard assessment and personal protective equipment.
- Occupational Medicine provides fit testing and medical clearance for employees and specific student groups.
- Work unit Respiratory Program Administrators (RPA) implement program requirements.
Fit Testing and Medical Clearance
Login to MyUHS for respirator medical clearance:
- Submit one-time: “Privacy Notice and Consent to Treat” and “Authorization for Release of Occupational Health Records” if incomplete (instructions)
- Complete the “Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire” through ‘Messages’
- Occupational Medicine will contact you for your 30 minute appointment
- Check your secure MyUHS messages for annual fit test and clearance expiration.
Requirements for Appointments
- Do not smoke within 15 minutes within scheduled appointment.
- Be clean shaven (no beard growth) at your appointment.
Respiratory Protection Program
- Respirator Program Template
- Work Unit Hazard Assessment
- Authorized Users
- Authorized Users – Multiple Respirators