EOH coordinates compliance for OSHA 1910.134 Respiratory Protection and aligns services for initial and annual respirator user fit testing with Occupational Medicine. Current medical clearance is a prerequisite to a fit test and wearing a respirator.
- EOH offers air monitoring, training coordination, hazard assessment and personal protective equipment.
- Occupational Medicine provides fit testing and medical clearance for employees and art students.
- Work unit Respiratory Program Administrators (RPA) implement program requirements.
Fit Testing and Medical Clearance
Login to MyUHS for respirator medical clearance:
- Submit one-time ‘Forms’: “Privacy Notice and Consent to Treat” and “Authorization for Release of Occupational Health Records” if incomplete
- Complete the “Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire” through ‘Messages’
- Occupational Medicine will contact you for your 30 minute appointment
- Check your secure MyUHS messages for annual fit test and clearance expiration.
For Art Respirators
EOH offers the art respirator program to protect the respiratory health of students and staff in the arts with potential exposures to hazardous materials.
- Follow the steps outlined above
- Make sure to select “Student” for your role
- Students can purchase respirators at their fit appointment
Requirements for Appointments
- Do not smoke within 15 minutes within scheduled appointment.
- Be clean shaven (no beard growth) at your appointment.