UW-Madison facilities supervision and staff that provides service and maintenance for building with biocontainment facilities should take this training course to ensure safety of all campus staff and research programs.
Objectives of this training:
- Learn the concept of directional airflow
- Identify lab and fan system components that are typically used on equipment that serves containment spaces
- Learn to recognize the signage that identifies critical equipment
- Identify how and who to contact when you need to perform work on a system
- Learn the communication steps taken during the work request process
Facilities, services, maintenance staff working in biocontainment facility buildings