Badges are needed if you are working directly with any of the following*
- Radiation producing machines, except enclosed self-shielded x-ray units
- Gamma or I-125 ≥ 1_mci of radioactive materials
- Beta ≥ 500 kev beta energy and ≥ 1_mci activity
*Exceptions: Badges are not issued for:
- H-3, C-14, P-33, S-35, Ca-45, Ni-63, Radioimmunoassay Kits
2. Users of enclosed self-shielded x-ray units (irradiators or imaging)
Consult with your immediate supervisor, advisor, or PI while filling out this form.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Radiation Safety.