Biosafety Month 2022
Have you recently acquired a Biosafety Cabinet (BSC) and are in need of a vacuum trap? Is your vacuum trap aging and not working effectively? We can help!
In this new guidance document, you will find:
- The Basic Design of a functional vacuum trap for your BSC
- Recommendations regarding how to assemble a vacuum trap
- A list of components including inline HEPA Filter, Flasks, Tubing and Stoppers
- The “Dos” and “Don’ts” of assembling a vacuum trap
- Discussion of waste disposal and disinfectants
- Discussion on an Efficacy Check for your disinfectant
Have a look at our Vacuum Trap Assembly, Safeguards and Use Guidance.
It’s Biosafety and Biosecurity Month 2022! Learn about the latest biological safety updates that impact labs like yours on the UW–Madison campus, and get the flyer to help spread the word.
The UW-Madison Office of Biological Safety is a proud member of the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA).