Biosafety Month 2022
Have you recently acquired a Biosafety Cabinet (BSC) and are in need of a vacuum trap? Is your vacuum trap aging and not working effectively? We can help!
In this new guidance document, you will find:
- The Basic Design of a functional vacuum trap for your BSC
- Recommendations regarding how to assemble a vacuum trap
- A list of components including inline HEPA Filter, Flasks, Tubing and Stoppers
- The “Dos” and “Don’ts” of assembling a vacuum trap
- Discussion of waste disposal and disinfectants
- Discussion on an Efficacy Check for your disinfectant
Have a look at our Vacuum Trap Assembly, Safeguards and Use Guidance.
The UW-Madison Office of Biological Safety is a proud member of the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA).