Biosafety Month 2022
Having a hard time coming up with ideas for your annual lab-specific refresher training? We can help! Consider incorporating several topics into one training session. Here are some suggestions:
- Conduct a biological spill and response drill
- Practice PPE donning and doffing procedures with Glogerm
- Review your biological agent-specific properties and risks
- Review your procedures for using and disposal of sharps safety, especially if there has been an incident or even a near miss
- Discuss your lab biosafety protocol, safety manual and SOPs
- Review your lab’s procedure for transport of biologicals on campus
- Discuss and practice the safe operation of aerosol-generating equipment and safety precautions
And to make it even easier on you, we now have a Biosafety Training Documentation Template to capture what you covered during your lab-specific refresher training. Find the template on the forms page.
It’s Biosafety and Biosecurity Month 2022! Learn about the latest biological safety updates that impact labs like yours on the UW–Madison campus, and get the flyer to help spread the word.
The UW-Madison Office of Biological Safety is a proud member of the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA).