Biosafety Month 2022
Having a hard time coming up with ideas for your annual lab-specific refresher training? We can help! Consider incorporating several topics into one training session. Here are some suggestions:
- Conduct a biological spill and response drill
- Practice PPE donning and doffing procedures with Glogerm
- Review your biological agent-specific properties and risks
- Review your procedures for using and disposal of sharps safety, especially if there has been an incident or even a near miss
- Discuss your lab biosafety protocol, safety manual and SOPs
- Review your lab’s procedure for transport of biologicals on campus
- Discuss and practice the safe operation of aerosol-generating equipment and safety precautions
And to make it even easier on you, we now have a Biosafety Training Documentation Template to capture what you covered during your lab-specific refresher training. Find the template on the forms page.
The UW-Madison Office of Biological Safety is a proud member of the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA).