We provide the following services:
- Policy and standard development related to radiation safety regulatory matters with a focus on cost containment.
- University of Wisconsin representation and intermediary to DHS, EPA, NRC, NIH, OSHA, USDA, FDA, CDC, DOE, DOT, other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, neighboring communities, and professional organizations.
- Technical assistance and evaluation to assess and communicate risks.
- Investigation of incidents, exposures.
- Authorizations, certifications and other in-house requirements.
- Implementation of customized programs in radiation protection.
- Training and education.
- Collection and maintenance of records regarding exposures, waste, compliance and audits, permits and incidents.
- Oversight of inspection and testing of campus radiation safety equipment and radiation protection systems.
- Emergency planning and response.
- Representation and support to relevant campus committees.
- Centralized ordering, receiving, and distribution (CORD) of radioactive materials.
- Negotiation of contract pricing for radioactive materials.
- Transportation and Shipping of radioactive material
For assistance contact: firstname.lastname@example.org